Government statutes and regulations have expanded dramatically becoming extremely complex. Fines and penalties for regulatory violations are growing as legislators look for ways to generate revenue to bolster failing budgets. Increasingly, federal and state prosecutors are resorting to vaguely worded criminal laws to create crimes where none existed before.
As a consequence, individuals, businesses and their employees are more vulnerable than ever to scrutiny by law enforcement authorities.
The threat of criminal prosecution is in and of itself an extremely serious matter, as an unfounded allegation of wrongdoing can have a devastating effect on a company's or an individual's reputation, good will and financial security.
The Law Office of John N. Tasolides conducts a white collar criminal defense practice made up of highly respected and experienced members of the criminal defense bar, including former prosecutors.
They have represented individuals and entities accused of many white collar crimes including Bribery, Embezzlement, Enterprise Corruption, Gambling, Healthcare & Insurance Fraud, Mail Fraud, Money Laundering, Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act(RICO,), tax evasion and Wire Fraud. They specialize in a wide range of regulatory areas, including taxation, securities, health care, banking, insurance and other financial services.
They have experience representing corporate and individual clients at all stages of proceedings by federal and state agencies, including:
- the U.S. Attorney's Office
- the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS)
- the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- the U.S. Department of Labor
- the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- the U.S. Senate
- the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve
- the New York State Attorney General's Office
- the New York State Attorney General's Medicaid Fraud Control Unit
- Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA formerly NASD)
In addition, the Law Office of John N. Tasolides assists companies and individuals in designing regulatory compliance programs to minimize the risk of a civil or criminal violation occurring in the first instance, including:
- needs assessment;
- evaluation and design of policy and procedures;
- training workshops;
- crisis intervention/response/evaluation;
- written materials; and
- updates on changes in the law.