Why choose the Law Offices Of John N. Tasolides
Selected to the New York Metro Area Super Lawyers® List
Selected to the 2013-2018 New York Metro Area Super Lawyers® List
Martindale-Hubbell™ Peer Review Rating™ - AV Preeminent©
Martindale-Hubbell™ Peer Review Rating™ - AV Preeminent© is the highest rating available
John N. Tasolides, Esq.
Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York. He received his preparatory education in the New York City Public School System, graduating from James Madison High School. John holds a Bachelors degree in Psychology and Political Science from New York University and a Juris Doctor from the Hofstra University School of Law.
Admitted to practice before the Courts of the State of New York and the Federal District Court in both the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, he presently conducts a general legal practice with a concentration in criminal defense, and commercial litigation throughout the New York City metropolitan area.
An Adjunct Professor of Law at New York Law School, a regular instructor for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy, and the Hofstra University Trial Techniques Program, he is a former Supervising Senior Trial attorney in the Homicide Bureau of the Kings County, New York District Attorney’s office. He served as the office’s DWI coordinator responsible for the screening of all DWI arrests county wide, as well as the training and supervision of attorneys in the trial of those matters, and as representative to the New York City Department of Transportation and New York State District Attorney’s Legislative Lobby on DWI matters. He has been a guest commentator on the Court Television Network, his writings have been published by the New York State Bar Association and used throughout the state in their continuing legal education civil litigation training programs, as well as the New York County Lawyers association where he has also been a featured speaker at their criminal defense training program.
Formerly a partner in the law firm of Lefkowitz & Tasolides, whose representative clients included Cablevision Systems Corporation, and Lakeville Medical Labs (acquired by SmithKline Beecham Clinical Laboratories), he has offices located in Syosset, Nassau County, New York and Brooklyn, Kings County, New York.
Hedy R. Horowitz, Esq.
Has practiced in the areas of Residential and Commercial Real Property transactions and Estate Administration for more than thirty years. Ms. Horowitz earned her undergraduate degree from Hofstra University in 1983 and her law degree from Hofstra University School of Law in 1986, where she has returned as a guest lecturer. She is a member of the Real Property and Estate Committees of the Nassau County Bar Association. She is also a member of the Nassau County Women's Bar Association, where she has served as an Officer and Director and chaired the Networking Committee for over ten years.
Areas of Practice
Read More About Me
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association Criminal Court Law and Procedure Committee
- Nassau County Bar Association Solo/Small Firm Practitioners Committee
- New York State Defenders Association
- Panel Member: Assigned Counsel Defender Plan- Nassau County, NY
- Expert Witnesses, Basic Civil Practice: The Trial, New York State Bar Association, NYSBA
- Expert Witnesses, Power Advocacy: Achieving Maximum Jury Impact During Trial, NYSBA
- Vehicle and Traffic Law: Handling DWI Cases, Forfeiture, Creative Defenses, New York County Lawyers Association, Assigned Counsel Plan of the City of New York
- Handling DWI Cases: A Guide for New Lawyers, Suffolk Academy of Law
- Defending Against Charges of Driving While Intoxicated, Appellate Division First Judicial Department, Continuing Legal Education Courses
- New York County Lawyers Association, Assigned Counsel Plan of the City of New York, Subject: Vehicle and Traffic Law: Handling DWI Cases, Forfeiture, Creative Defenses.
- Parents of Murdered Children, National Conference, Subjects: “What Really Happened to My Loved One?”; “Planting Seeds of Hope and Healing Through Communication” Workshop on communication with prosecutors and law enforcement authorities.
- Suffolk County Bar Association, Suffolk Academy of Law, Subject: Handling DWI Cases.
- Appellate Division First Judicial Department, Continuing Legal Education Courses, Subject: Defending Against Charges of Driving While Intoxicated.
- Nassau County Women’s Bar Association, “Guiding your Clients, Family and Friends through the Traffic Court Process.